Friday, February 20, 2015

Recognizing Enough

Too often I walk through the marketplace or store and find I own much of what is displayed there. But oh how my heart longs for just one more babble or doohickey.

During this season, I have committed to letting go of my need to buy stuff just because I want it, or think I neeeed it. It has proven a deeper challenge today. Not because I wanted to buy anything, but because as I look around my house I see so much that we already have even in the face of the urge to gather in more.

I'll not chide myself for the behaviors of the past, but instead shift into a more reasonable, useful way of being. I will focus on real needs and dreams. While I live amongst my stuff, I long to be a resource in this world - in my community. I have so much to share, and now even more since it is obvious my needs are completely met.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.  - Lao-Tzu

Blessing on this journey of compassion and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment