Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Challenge and Change

Reflection inherently means to look back - as in what presents in the mirror or pool. This morning, I took reflect as a moment to review, recount, peruse the past. In this moment I wonder why I thought that was useful.

I have adopted the season of Lent. It wasn't mine all along. I had to go get it.

I plan for my attendance to this season.  The giving up. The letting go. The moving on. I know my weaknesses, well, some of them, and am willing to open to change. Beyond the declarations of what we will give up for Lent, what will we take on?

I renew my commitment to daily pray and meditation.

I renew my commitment to give back to my community.

I renew my commitment to responsible financial stewardship.

During this season, I will offer a daily prayer and remember that we are all on the same journey - back to the One, regardless of our chosen paths.


Fill your mind with compassion. - Buddha

I let go of offering explanations. I am free and unlimited.

So are you...

What doesn't challenge you, doesn't change you. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment